The goal of the Market Street Music Conservatory's Youth Choir is to develop and nurture children’s natural love of music and singing. We strive to engage children in high-quality music education and performance opportunities, while also developing their individual abilities. We are committed to inspiring joy in the hearts of our singers and audiences.
Why join choir?
1. There is joy in making and sharing music with others.
2. Singing releases endorphins which reduces anxiety and stress. It is also a mood booster.
3. Singing is a workout. It increases the amount of oxygen in the blood, increases energy, and works out a range of upper body muscles.
4. Singing in a choir helps you to overcome nerves and build confidence in your abilities.
5. Singing is effective in bonding large groups and forging social bonds.
The MSMC Youth Choir Sessions:
Come check it out!
Meet Our Youth Choir Director
Rachel Scholes has been involved in music since the age of five, when she began taking piano lessons. As a child, she sang in the church choir and played the clarinet in band. She also was involved in musicals and choir in high school. Rachel started teaching piano lessons in high school, after shadowing and assisting her own piano teacher.
It was this teacher who heard Rachel sing, during a piano recital rehearsal, and urged Rachel to take voice lessons. Rachel began taking voice lessons in preparation for college scholarship auditions. She found that she was passionate about singing! She graduated from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville with a bachelor’s degree in music education, in 2003.
Read more of her bio here.